Requirements for all safety education courses
All Wisconsin recreational safety students are required to obtain a Wisconsin DNR Customer ID Number when registering for a safety education class and must provide that number to their instructor.
You can obtain a DNR Customer ID Number:
• by using our online web site and GoWild
• by visiting a DNR service center during their regular scheduled hours.
Hunter internet field day courses
Students are required to attend a mandatory hunter Internet field day to complete their online certification. Students should check the upcoming classes [exit DNR] page daily. Click on the drop down arrow and choose “Hunter Internet Field Day” for upcoming course listings. Courses are limited statewide.
Hunter internet field day certification process
1. Register for a one-day Internet field day with a certified online hunter education field day instructor. You may not register for a traditional hunter education classroom field day.
2. Complete an online course. A certified online hunter education instructor will direct you to an online course approved by the WI DNR.
3. Attend and pass the mandatory WI DNR Hunter Education Internet field day. After passing the online course, you will spend a day in the field reinforcing what you learned online, basic firearm safety and handling skills. You will be tested on what you have learned at the end of the field day. The field day is mandatory to obtain your WI DNR safety certification.
The DNR-acceptable hunter internet field day courses are:
• hunteredcourse.com/state/online-hunter-safety-course-wisconsin ($13.00)
• hunter-ed.com/wisconsin/ ($24.50)
• huntercourse.com/usa/wisconsin ($24.95)